Flying Purple Hippos Forums
Lucianox

Feliz Navidad!

here's a cool map showing what they call Christmas in each country of Europe: you'll see that the names are all completely different and have little to no relation with one another (the main reason why the Eurozone has been such a failure)

aZY4X.jpg

(I'm pretty sure the Polish one translates to God's Birthday which is awesome)

Edited by Lief

Upon checking the wikipedia page to make sure I knew which one was Poland, I noticed that Shusky's anthem is entitled "Poland is Not Yet Lost". Not yet...

Upon checking the wikipedia page to make sure I knew which one was Poland, I noticed that Shusky's anthem is entitled "Poland is Not Yet Lost". Not yet...

COOL THING ABOUT WORD ORDER IN SLAVIC LANGUAGES: the words are positioned in such a way to give an implication of "yeah and it won't ever be, shitheels!" but such subtle overtones are lost when translating to inferior Germanic rigid order grunting languages like English

(I'm pretty sure the Polish one translates to God's Birthday which is awesome)

Nah it's literally just God's Birth like in every other language :emo:

COOL THING ABOUT WORD ORDER IN SLAVIC LANGUAGES: the words are positioned in such a way to give an implication of "yeah and it won't ever be, shitheels!" but such subtle overtones are lost when translating to inferior Germanic rigid order grunting languages like English

I figured this was the meaning. But the song still sucks. You should have been a soviet republic, they had much better music.

I just tried it in dutch but the only implication I could create by changing word order were "Yeah, but there's a lot of other things fucked up with poland" :awesome:

Yjvh, bvt thkrj's j lvt tf jthvr thkngs fjckkd vp wkth pjljknd

PERFECTLY PRONOUNCABLE LETTERS UNLIKE THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE:

ŚCIUSZK

Since we're nearing the glorious 13th Zerbst-Koscuizko day, will you consider renaming yourself "Ściuszky" if I, in return, go for "Deefbst"