Flying Purple Hippos Forums
Lucianox

PSYCHONAUTS 2!!!!

DIDN'T THEY MAKE A BUNCH OF MONEY WITH THE FIRST ONE?

WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT MONEY?

what's broken age should I buy it

I'll tell you when I get around to playing part 2

It's a fun point-and-click adventure that you should buy if it's cheap

if I invest 10k I make 16k profit if they sell as many units as they sold Psychonauts 1 and break even at around 600k copies sold

what is your lawyer telling you

how is lief anyways

• I'm with stupid 1

if I invest 10k I make 16k profit if they sell as many units as they sold Psychonauts 1 and break even at around 600k copies sold

To play devil's advocate: won't the kickstarter effectively decrease their sales by having the core-market (the people who bought Psychonauts 1) nab their copy during the 'investment' period? Also, it's common investing advice to avoid putting money into hobbies you're personally very invested in; while you know the subject well, you're also likely to overestimate its success with the broader public because it appeals to you so much.

Source: Am a White American.

John if you talk him out of it and Psychonauts 2 is a roaring success he's going to want 6k or more from you

Addendum: Statements made by this white american can in no way can be considered legal or financial advice.

Anything Lief says can be though, right? :awesome:

John if you talk him out of it and Psychonauts 2 is a roaring success he's going to want 6k or more from you

no the 16k were after costs

but John is right as it is overly optimistic by a lot.

Elpea, the game is not going to be successful, don't invest in it. Even though Psychonauts was fucking awesome.

Reason: literally every project Double Fine has done in its entire history has been massively over-budget, taking way, way longer than it should, and not selling anywhere near what they had projected. The game might turn out to be good, but it is not going to give you ROI. You might as well donate the 10k like you do with Kickstarter and ask them to play duck game with you as reward.

• I'm with stupid 3

ok fine

but if this beats Witcher 4 as GOTY 2018 I'm going to literally touch you

Edited by Lucianox

Verily, I should have expected that instead of investing in a successful product, the actual path to profit is banking on the right buyout by otherworldly rich aristocrats

Instead, the company will send out a fixed payment to each investor that amounts to a 139 percent return on each $500 share.

High five guys we robbed that bastard bougie Elpea of four motherfucking grande

• Dugong 1