Flying Purple Hippos Forums

I was going to cancel this thread due to covid but then Dr Bach broke down my door and informed me that in that case we'd owe USD 60 trillion to the sponsors, so here it is

omg van vleuten actually didn't know that there even was a dr austria phd that was two minutes ahead??

because lmao

the real cool thing about this thread being inactive is nobody makes fun of mighty poland having fewer medals than bermuda 😌

I'm happy to announce that while san marino now has the same number of medals as poland, theirs is a mere bronze rather than beautiful sterling silver, so the apennine menace remains behind in the medal table

hahahaha suck my dick san marino :smug:

and Holland can into fourth behind the USA and the Dominican republic, both of which had been disqualified for like 20 reasons then mysteriously undisqualified

lmao the whole event was a refereeing clusterfuck

BUT THE FINISH WAS SO COOL EVERYONE WAS JUST CHILLING TOGETHER AND SUDDENLY KAJETAN WAS LIKE zoop

This is now a Sifan Hassan appreciation thread

She fucking fell on the 1500m semis, won them anyway after sprinting past the entire field, and then won gold the 5000m convincingly on the same fucking day holy fucking shit

• Dugong 1

I watched one (1) event starting at 2am here and it was the Canada women's national soccer team beating USA and I am entirely satisfied with this and need nothing more.

1 hour ago, Deef said:

This is now a Sifan Hassan appreciation thread

She fucking fell on the 1500m semis, won them anyway after sprinting past the entire field, and then won gold the 5000m convincingly on the same fucking day holy fucking shit

yeah, holy shit. She fell at the back of the pack (not just a stumble, but a full roll on the track) in the last 400, got back up, and then sprinted her way to win the damn race. Adrenaline all the way I'm guessing.

RIP the american women's pole vaulter too. Injury from the pole snapping ruined her qualifier :emo:

image.png

let me guess, y'all's national sports are some nerd shit that don't even involve hammers 🙄

• Dugong 2

guys there's an olympic sport where they swim for 10km! That's two hours of non-stop swimming...

oh and outside of the olympics they do a 25km version...

Update, GERMANY can suck our dick too

ALL THREE AT ONCE

Also, I demand multiple fucking statues for Sifan Hassan

5 hours ago, Deef said:

Update, GERMANY can suck our dick too

ALL THREE AT ONCE

okay only two again but still